It’s been a long time since a new and interesting platform for sharing photos online came along. Vero looks pretty awesome for photography, offering:
– Full-screen viewing of photos on a dark background. Colors really pop! And you can rotate image, so you can view landscape images as they were meant to be seen.
– A beautiful way to share images on Facebook and Twitter. Your image gets this elegant blurred frame that makes your photo stand out on other social platforms. Be sure to watch for that segment in my video review, as a lot of people have been asking me how to use this feature.
– Content-oriented. Every post must be tied to some kind of media: pictures, videos, music, movies, etc. I believe that will help minimize trolling, politics, humble bragging, and photos of someone else’s dinner. So far, the posts seem much more relevant and positive. A nice breath of fresh air on a sometimes noisy internet.
– No advertising. Be sure to sign up as soon as possible, as they are promising free lifetime access for the first one million users.
– No “algorithm”. Posts are displayed in chronological order without filtering, which is one of the big complaints around confusing feeds and lost images on other platforms.